Advertise Your Products Here
Views: 791 Posts: 0 Started By: joah Last Post Date: Dec 11, 2017
(Post 1)

The Arrowverse has been around for five years now and shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. In fact, don’t be surprised if more heroes and shows are added to the mix in the near future. This shared universe is proof that interconnected superhero series can exist in the television medium and go beyond the limitations of a single show format.

As Arrow co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim said, “Television shares more DNA with comic books than feature [film] does. Comic books [have] always existed in this long-form, serialized storytelling, much the same way television does.”

That said, it hasn’t always been an easy ride for everyone involved in these productions. There have been several struggles and battles behind the scenes, and there’s a lot of juicy stuff that the CW doesn’t want us to know about. From drug addictions to leaked private pictures, the network does all it can to keep the focus on the programming and our eyes away from the other stories.

Being your friendly neighborhood journalists, we’ve dug around and uncovered some interesting information about the Arrowverse and its numerous stars.

Here are 15 Dark Secrets About The Arrowverse That The CW Doesn’t Want You To Know .

15. MANU BENNETT WAS ARRESTED FOR ASSAULT
Manu Bennett plays the tough-as-nails Slade Wilson/Deathstroke in the Arrowverse, and it appears as if he’s the same in real life too. Back in 2015, Bennett was arrested for assault after the Alamo City Comic Con in Texas.
Reportedly, a 29-year-old male made some untoward remarks about Karin Horen, the mother of Bennett’s three children, and her battle with cancer. This set off Bennett who attacked the man and was subsequently charged with a misdemeanor. He was later released after a bond of $1,600 was posted.
Speaking about the incident afterwards, Bennett said, “I’m humiliated for myself, for my family, and as a representative of Maori culture. I’m not going to hide about something that happened last week in Texas. I’m a human being – I was out at night, drunk.”

14. KATIE CASSIDY, MELISSA BENOIST, AND EMILY BETT RICKARDS HAD PRIVATE PHOTOS LEAKED
Over the past few years, there’s been an increase in leaked private photographs of celebrities. Three victims of this massive celebrity leak were popular Arrowverse stars Katie Cassidy, Melissa Benoist, and Emily Bett Rickards.
While Rickards’ photos were of her in a state of undress, Cassidy and Benoist’s pictures were far more graphic and risqué. They were extremely personal and not meant for anyone else besides the people in the pictures.
Sure, it’s easy to say after all these leaks that actors should be more careful and stop storing personal pictures on the cloud, but let’s not forget they are the true victims here.
Not only is it theft of personal property, it’s also an invasion of their privacy. It’s just wrong, plain and simple.

13. ANDREW KREISBERG WAS FIRED FOR ALLEGED HARASSMENT
After Weinstein-gate broke, the allegations of harassment and misconduct in Hollywood have flooded in. One of the big names was
Arrow, The Flash , Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow co-creator Andrew Kreisberg.
On November, 10, 2017, Kreisberg was suspended after 15 women and four men accused him of harassment.
According to sources close to the situation, Kreisberg is reported to have touched people without permission, asked for massages from female staff members, and kissed women without asking.
Later in the month, Kreisberg was eventually fired from all Warner Bros. Television projects. The company explained in a statement, “After a thorough investigation, Warner Bros Television Group has terminated Andrew Kreisberg’s employment, effective immediately. We remain committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees and everyone involved in our productions.”

12. STEPHEN AMELL WANTED GRANT GUSTIN TO PLAY THE FLASH IN THE DCEU
When the news of Ezra Miller being cast as Barry Allen in the DCEU broke, it left a lot of people disappointed.
Grant Gustin had been warmly received in The Flash TV series, and fans couldn’t understand why he wasn’t given the opportunity on the as big screen as well.
In an interview with The Wall Street Journal , Stephen Amell rallied for his co-star too. When he was asked if he should portray the Green Arrow in a DC movie, Amell said, “Yeah. Of course. And I feel like it should be Grant [Gustin] doing the movie.”
Zack Snyder did confirm that the reason for not casting the Arrowverse actors was because of the difference in tone. Nonetheless, Gustin took it all in his stride and even showed his support for Miller on Twitter.

11. CAITY LOTZ WAS BODY-SHAMED FOR BEING MUSCULAR
Caity Lotz is one of the most beautiful and talented actresses on TV, but even she wasn’t free from bullying and body-shaming back in her youth.
Posting on Twitter, Lotz said, “When I was young I used to get called a boy and made fun of for being so muscular. It made me feel insecure about my body. Now I get to be like [middle finger emoticon] I’m a superhero.”
“Everyone has different body types. The goal of working out isn’t to be something you’re not. It’s to feel good and be healthy,” she said.
In addition to the post, Lotz and the ladies from DC TV started a campaign called “SHETHORITY,” which is an exclusive t-shirt designed by them. All proceeds from the sales go towards Girls, Inc., a company devoted to building a positive inspirational space for women.

10. DOMINIC PURCELL NEARLY LOST HIS LIFE ON THE PRISON BREAK SET
We’re used to Dominic Purcell as the wisecracking Mick Rory/Heat Wave on The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow, but we nearly lost him due to a freak accident on another production set.
Purcell got his big TV break as the protagonist Lincoln Burrows on
Prison Break , so when the series got a special fifth season, he was called back into action along with his co-star Wentworth Miller.
After Purcell and Miller finished shooting their scenes for Legends of Tomorrow, they headed off to the Prison Break production.
However, on June 1, 2016, Purcell nearly died on set in Morocco, after an iron bar fell on his head, causing a broken nose and head injury.
He was immediately airlifted from Marrakesh to Casablanca, where he received treatment for nasal fractures and various other injuries. Fortunately, Purcell made a full recovery from his injuries.

9. CHYLER LEIGH WAS AN ADDICT
Chyler Leigh is one of the most prominent TV actresses around, having made a name for herself on Grey’s Anatomy before crossing the divide to the superhero world of Supergirl. However, things nearly fell apart before they began for her.
At the age of 16, Leigh went to audition for the failed WB series
Saving Graces, where she met her future husband, Nathan West. They started a relationship and Leigh soon moved in with him.
Having both come from difficult upbringings, the couple turned to cocaine to cope with problems, and soon became addicts. It wasn’t until 2001, when Not Another Teen Movie director, Joel Gallen, told Leigh she looked unhealthy, that she decided to change her lifestyle.
There’s a happy ending to this as since things did turn around for Leigh and West. They’ve been sober since 2002, and both their careers have prospered since then.

8. COLTON HAYNES LEFT ARROW BECAUSE OF HIS ANXIETY
It’s not often that the sidekick outshines the main hero, but Colton Haynes’ Roy Harper/Arsenal was always neck and neck with Stephen Amell’s Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in terms of popularity. So, it came as quite a surprise when Haynes left Arrow at the end of season three.
Initially, everyone believed it was because of Haynes’ burgeoning popularity and stock in Hollywood, but he soon revealed it was for other reasons.
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, he said, “I asked to step away because I cared more about my mental and physical health than my career at the time. I’ve had terminal anxiety my entire life. Physically ill, fainting. I’m 27 years old, and I have an ulcer. I had to step back.”
It’s rumored that Haynes might return for a guest appearance in season six, so here’s hoping he’s in a better and healthier headspace now.

7. WENTWORTH MILLER ATTEMPTED TO END HIS OWN LIFE
Proving firsthand how the internet can be a cruel and mean place, Wentworth Miller opened up after a fat-shaming meme about him went viral on The LAD Bible .
Speaking via his Facebook page, Miller said, “Today I found myself the subject of an Internet meme. Not for the first time. This one, however, stands out from the rest. In 2010, semi-retired from acting, I was keeping a low-profile for a number of reasons. First and foremost, I was suicidal.”
Miller went on to discuss his state of mind and how he turned to overeating due to his issues. It was an eye-opener, demonstrating that we don’t always know what someone else is going through and should never judge them on their appearance.
Miller’s post gained traction among the online community and the meme was subsequently deleted.

6. STEPHEN AMELL WENT OFF TWITTER AFTER CONTROVERSIAL TWEETS ABOUT AHMED MOHAMED
Stephen Amell is an active Twitter user, but there was one time when his views got him into hot water with his fans.
In 2015, 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed was arrested in Irving, Texas, after bringing a clock to school because the teacher thought it was a bomb. After the incident, many people made disparaging remarks about it happening in Texas.
Playing devil’s advocate, Amell tweeted, “Stereotyping Texas isn’t any better than stereotyping Ahmed. Just so we’re clear.”
Naturally, Amell received a barrage of abuse from the online community, which led to him posting, “Didn’t mean to offend anyone. Truthfully. Was simply suggesting that two wrongs don’t make a right. I’ll go away for a bit now. SA.” After licking his wounds offline, he did eventually come back.

5. MANU BENNETT WAS IN A TWO-WEEK COMA WHEN HE WAS YOUNGER
Slade Wilson suffered much heartache on Arrow with the death of Shado, and so did Manu Bennett in his own life. At a Q&A session in Boston, Bennett discussed one of the most traumatic events he suffered in his life.
At a young age, he was involved in a car accident that tragically claimed the lives of his mother and brother and put him in a two-week coma. Something as devastating as this event could cause any person to lose one’s way and give up on dreams, but Bennett found purpose again.
He credits his then-girlfriend, who was a ballet dancer, for introducing him to acting and giving him a means to channel his emotions in a positive manner. He said, “Acting was my route to survival.”

4. RUSSELL TOVEY’S PARENTS DIDN’T ACCEPT HIS PREFRENCE
Russell Tovey is one of the newbies in the Arrowverse, playing the openly gay superhero Ray Terrill/The Ray. In his own life, Tovey came out to himself when he was a teenager.
When he turned 18, he decided to come out to his parents, but it wasn’t quite as easy as he expected. “Me and my dad just crossed wires. When I came out he found it very odd and didn’t know how to cope,” Tovey told The Scotsman .
“I think my parents thought, ‘OK, you’re gay, you’re going to get AIDS,’ and were under the impression that if I’d told them sooner they could have done something about it,” he said.
Fortunately, his parents finally accepted his sexuality, with Tovey credited the birth of his nephew as the catalyst that helped mend their relationship.

3. ROBERT KNEPPER WAS ACCUSED OF ASSAULT
Robert Knepper was another Prison Break alumnus who joined the Arrowverse as the villainous William Tockman/Clock King. He made only two brief appearances, but they were impactful, nonetheless.
On November 8, 2017, costume designer Susan Bertram accused Knepper of assault on the set of Gas Food Lodging back in 1991. Knepper vehemently denied the accusation, saying, “That’s just not who I am.”
In December, another four additional allegations were made about him. Once again, Knepper denied them, stating, “We have come to a time where hard-earned careers are being lost on the basis of accusations. I need to reiterate that these accusations against me are false.”
“We have lost the presumption of innocence; we have lost ‘due process;’ and we have lost the ability to review evidence – allowing the media to become both ‘judge and jury,'” he said.

2. NEIL SANDILANDS WAS ARRESTED ON A FLIGHT
South African actor Neil Sandilands has been quite the revelation as
The Flash’s main antagonist, Clifford DeVoe/The Thinker, this season. However, back in his homeland, Sandilands had a little problem with the law back in 2006.
On a flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg, Sandilands was arrested after a British Airways air hostess complained that he’d made a suggestive remark to her. Upon the plane’s arrival at Johannesburg International Airport, Sandilands was taken to the Kempton Park police station and released on a warning.
His attorney at the time, Riaan Louw, said it was all a misunderstanding because Sandilands had quoted a line from Eddie Murphy’s Coming to America – although he refused to state which line it was. We guess The Thinker didn’t quite think that one through…

1. THE ARROW SUBREDDIT HATED THE SEASON 4 FINALE SO MUCH THAT IT CHANGED ALLEGIANCE
Let’s be honest here: season four of Arrow was its weakest entry yet. The action, which we had come and stayed for, made way for the insufferable Olicity and the whiny subplots. Heck, even several cast members have agreed that the series lost its way around this point.
The biggest reaction came in the form of the Arrow subreddit. After the community voiced its anger at the season finale, “Schism”, and the inexplicable direction the show had taken, the moderators took a drastic step: they changed the sub to show support for Daredevil .
If you think the community has forgiven the showrunners and given it another chance, you’d be wrong. Even right now, the Arrow subreddit is a community for Netflix’s The Punisher . Moral of the story: don’t anger your fanbase.

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys

CLOSE

Like Us On Facebook